May 27, 2020
To our wonderful families and patients,
We are so excited to be opening our doors June 1. Please know that the doctors and management have been working diligently to ensure this opening is done in a safe and efficient manner as we work out what our “new normal” will be. It saddens us that we are unable to return to our busy high energy way of practice but rest assured we will continue to deliver the very best care that you have grown accustomed to. We know it has been difficult for many of you whom have had dental issues over the last two and half months.
As we mentioned in our previous email, this will be done in different stages. Stage 1 (not to be confused with the BC governments phases of re-opening) will be focused on those patients with emergent and urgent dental pain and those with existing treatment that had to be postponed or cancelled during this crisis. We appreciate your patience and understanding in this process as we work to build up our patient load safely, while maintaining the guidelines on social distancing and infection control from the College of Dental Surgeons of BC (CDSBC) and WorkSafe BC. You will find safety protocol posted throughout the office and our safety manual is available in multiple locations for your review if you wish.
Child’s Play has always prided itself in maintaining a high standard of infection control. In light of the current pandemic we have had to take some additional measures. All the decisions and changes were made with the intention and focus on your safety, team culture, patient flow, and physical distancing.
Below are just some of the many adaptations we have made for your safety in returning to Child’s Play:
- The administration staff will have plexi-glass sneeze shields
- Electronic COVID-19 pre-screening questionnaire and consents
- Infrared thermometer temperature checks for every visitor, team member and patient before entering the office
- training all staff members on new COVID protocols
- extra hand washing and sanitizer stations
- extra wipe down of all common areas twice and day
- daily employee screening for COVID-19
- updated team COVID-19 illness policy
- new COVID-19 safety plan and manual
- removal of cloth reception chairs and appropriate spacing to honor physical distancing
- HVAC reassessment and delayed closed room use to move the air exchange after aerosol generating procedure (AGP)
- increased sterilization of nitrous oxide tubing
Our pre-appointment and arrival protocols for appointments have changed to allow for social distancing and infection control protocols. This will be emailed with confirmation of ALL future appointments, through or automated system. Please read this carefully.
We are still here to assist you with your child’s dental needs. If you are unsure of how to proceed with a concern or your child’s next dental visit, please call and we will be happy to assist. Moving beyond Stage 1 urgent care will be our goal, so that we can serve so many of you better. The timing of this is still to be determined and we will endeavor to communicate with you the best we can. In addition, Child’s Play will continue to monitor community spread and recommendations from the provincial health officer and the CDSBC and change guidelines accordingly as needed.
We look forward to seeing you soon!
Drs. Coveney, Grant, Santos & Yu and the entire Team at Child’s Play Pediatric Dentistry.